Cereal Cropscereal crops ibps afo
Those Gramini class crops which are produced to get kernel. These are stable food.
- Major cereals :- Wheat, rice, barley
- Millets/ Minor cereals:- Maize, jowar, bajra, मंडुआ
- Smaller Millets:- रागी, कोंदो, काकुन, etc
Top cereals production Top agriculture products import
Top Agriculture product export Top cereals production states
- For diabetes:- मंडुआ
- Cereals production first started in new stone age
- 3% of cereals cropping system is irrigated means 60 million hacatre.
- Percentage of irrigated land of different crops
- Oil seeds- 27.1%
Different facts regarding Cereal Production
- Following are the newly varieties of crops :-
- Maize:- Pratap (Composite), Pusa ali, Sankar-5, Deccan sankar-115, Pragati, Pratap Miaze-1 (hybrid), Vivek Maize-II(hybrid), Girja sardhamani(Compostie)
- Sorghum:- D.S.H-4 (Rabi, hybrid)
- Bajra:- G.HB-577, R.H.B-127 & P.B-180(hybrid, summer season)
- Finger Millet (रागी) production is more in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Uttrakhand.
- In cereal crops kernels are matured if they are 40%-60% more weight than dry weight.
- During battering(कुटाई) there should be 10%-12% of moisture in paddy.
- For cereal preservation “plywood bukhari”, “Coal tar bin”,”polythinbin of hapurbin” was preferred.
- “Kaveri Ghat” is known as the store of cereals of south India.
- Diseases Lack of
White bud in maize zinc
Khaira in paddy zinc
Jowar’s poisoness HCNC Dhuruin/puric acid
Reclamation in paddy Copper
- Cereal production
States: (2011-12)- Rajasthan>Karnataka>Maharashtra
- Millets production
Country (2011) – India> Niger> Mali